Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I also just bought the HP Officejet Pro 8600. I have no problem getting it to accept photo paper of any kind. However, no matter what paper I use, the prints are very muddy looking. The photos look beautiful and bright on my computer screen, but are dark and almost blurry on the prints. Totally unacceptable! I am a scrapbooker and must have decent prints! My old HP 6310 Officejet produced beautiful prints on any paper. This one will have to be returned.

HP Recommended
One supervisor said its is a defective unit (2nd one) and they would replace. The other said "this model can only use HP paper...I told them that that is outrageous! See what happens...
HP Recommended

Brand new printer 8600 like everyone else. New (and my old HP) Hp advanced photo pater. Printed  photos for years on other HP printers. Does it take a class action law suit to get them to act? Look on the net we are not alone.

Follow-up

Looking from end, I very slightly bent center of feeder tray up so arc was more. 1/16-1/32"? Works every time now. Hits roller better I assume. Was brand new and full warranty so was a little braver. I am not reccommending anyone do this but might be the real problem ....design.

HP Recommended

I was excited to try this but unfortunately it did not work for me. Rolling up the photo paper is all that works. Any othe solutions you have heard of?

HP Recommended

Slightly (1/16"?) up in center worked for me also. I suspect HP knows QC problem and just does not want to recall defective trays??

HP Recommended

I too have the problem with the Photo paper.

Tried many of the solutions suggested. None worked on mine. If I need to be stuck with one kind and brand of paper, it is not worth keping the machine.

HP Recommended

I can not find the option for tray 2...... Help.

HP Recommended

This has been a problem for a long time...... Why doesn't HP put out a fix???????

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Same issuer with my new 8600 Pro, can't HP come up with a fix??????

Think mine is going back, TODAY

HP Recommended

I took mine back awhile ago, to Costco, and got an Epson.  I'm not as happy with it as the HP, but I need to print on photo paper.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.