Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is brand new and all the pages that have printed out so far have been crooked.  The print is on a serious angle from where it should be.  How do I fix this?

I've printed out alightment pages and cleaned it and yet everything is on an angle.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RM_DRL,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print properly from your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer as the printed pages are crooked.

This issue could occur if the rollers are not clean.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://hp.care/2kXjDY8

If the issue persists, then you may update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Also, let us know if the unit was working fine before. 

Did you have any paper jam issues?

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

This printer is brand new and straight out of the box as of yesterday.  Its very first printout was crooked.  I tried all the updates and the troubleshooting cleaning of the rollers.  Nothing worked.  I then got the idea that maybe there was an issue with the paper tray.  The spring mechanism on the left side is forcing the paper out at an angle... I jammed some post it flags towards the lower corner so that it is forced to push the paper in a straight direction... problem is mostly solved as far as printing straight.  The paper tray is junk.  Is there a way to trade this one for one that works properly?

HP Recommended

@RM_DRL,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved completely after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.