Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro K8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything was fine until I ran out  of YELLOW ink.

Bought HP High Capacity Yellow and installed. THe fact that this problem started after I installed a new print cartridge may be a coincidence).

First my colors got weaker and pretty soon I was only printing black.

I ran all my alignment and head tests - my PrintHead Health shows a state of YELLOW for both.

Today I was printing a document and after a couple of page the BLACK ink has disappeared.

Now when I do any printing - test, from an application, etc all I get are blank pages.

I do not use this printer very much. Maybe an average of 20 pages a week

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jktx, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that you got the message that your printer is out of warranty .

And did not give you the contact number for support. 

I will send you the contact number for support in a private message.

Please check your inbox for more details.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @jktx, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your printer is printer blank pages.

Please refer this article to troubleshoot print quality issues: http://hp.care/2efvUK4

If the issue persists even after troubleshooting it is a print head problem.

Please replace the print head.

Please contact HP for service options: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Please keep me updated.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have ran every test and the result of all is still a blank piece of paper - tested through the duplexer also but still blank.

I know the 'status'indicators - ink level and Print Head status - are only guides, but none are indicating any 'replacement' situations.

My next step is to go and buy both print heads.

I will keep you updated

HP Recommended

Hi! @jktx, thanks for the response.

Sure you can take your time and reply back us if you still have any concerns after replacing the print heads.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received and replaced both print heads (expensive but I purchased from HP).

I installed and it ran through its paces and printed a very nice color picture so I thought problem solved but...

I printed a 'Print Quality DIagnostic Page' and saw some thin white lines on Test Pattern 2 - I ran 'clean print heads'. The report also said my brand new print heads where in FAIR condition.

After the 'clean print heads' completed I ran another 'Print Quality DIagnostic Page'. It showed broken lines in Test Pattern 1 and hardly any color in Test Pattern 2 and the color in Test Pattern 3 went from a light purple to a very transparent light purple:smileyfrustrated: One good thing though, it stated that my KY PrintHead had gone from FAIR to GOOD  :smileyindifferent:

I removed the  MC printhead and then replaced it back. The printer went through all its 'stuff' and I got my colors back on my 'Print Quality DIagnostic Page' - now my brandnew KY PrintHead is back to FAIR:smileysurprised:. There is still a thin white line across the top set of color blocks in Test Pattern 2, but I think I am going to stay away from cleaning the print heads.

In summary - I have my print back BUT there is something still wrong with printer - any suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi! @jktx, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that you have replaced both the print heads and you have a print quality issues with your printer.

I would suggest you contact HP support for more assistance.

Please find the link to contact HP: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Have a great day! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

I tried the link you supplied for additional HP support - filled out all the requested info and got a screen that said printer out of warranty and asked me to enter another printer.

Guess I should have spent the $200 I spent on the print heads for another printer.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @jktx, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that you got the message that your printer is out of warranty .

And did not give you the contact number for support. 

I will send you the contact number for support in a private message.

Please check your inbox for more details.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.