Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Its a new printer the black and colour ink was just changed and the new ones install and it keep on saying Refer to device documentation to trouble shoot Print cartridge problem:(Tri color). What should I do?

HP Recommended

Have you tried to just remove the cartridge, put it right back and shutting the door?

HP Recommended

Yes I did an d the same thing occurred. I took out the colour ink and the printer is printing with black only and you insert the colour ink I am getting the warning Icon that there's a problem with the Tri colour

HP Recommended

Its so pathetically obvious that HP wants to run the toner mafia. "Sorry, your printer wont cooperate without real HP family cartridges. Knock offs aint allowed.

Just bought a color refil from STAPLES for God's sake. Used it once now I can't print a critical business document in black.

Anybody need some scraps of black plastic and a bag of broken glass? My foot just bumped into my printer three times as I chased it down the street?

HP Recommended
Now my baseballbat keeps bumping into it
HP Recommended

It's such a shame. Have ordered another cartridge and am terrified that it won't work either. Took me forever to 'research' to make sure I was buying an 'authentic hp' cartridge.  

With Apples, they seem to recommend HPs so bought one for that reason. It better work! 

HP Recommended

Why does this subject say "solved" when the issue has NOT been solved.  Still having the same problem with brand new black XL cartridge and 3/4 full tri-color cartridge.  Can only print in black because printer is not "recognizing' 3/4 full color cartridge

HP Recommended
Someone suggested blowing on the cartridge copper area, I light spit on my (very lightyly) and it worked. Had to spit 2x. Light! Sounds gross but worked.
HP Recommended

Wish I could say this worked, but it didn't.

I am going on several weeks now without a color cartridge.  I REALLY do NOT want to spend the money on a new color cartridge, only to find out it didn't solve the problem.

Before installing the new black XL cartridge, my color cartridge showed 3/4 full.  Why should I have to spend money on a new color cartridge when there's nothing wrong with the old one.

COME ON HP - HOW ABOUT SOME HELP ON THIS ONE!!!

HP Recommended

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.