04-18-2012 08:38 AM
I am having an issue with my black ink cartridge. After inserting a new cartridge the screen says "The following cartridge is not available for printing: [Black]. I have followed the HP assistant steps in removing and reinstalling, turning printer off an on, cleaning cartridge, and returning and exchanging cartridge for a new cartridge. New cartridge gets the same message. When I put my old cartridge in (that has no ink) it does not give me this message and shows the ink level as extremely low (it doesn't have ink).
04-18-2012 09:49 PM
Make sure you have removed the protective tape (half red - half transparent) on the cartridge. Perhaps try following the steps again in the link below ... if it still doesn't work, call HP call center and have your unit replace if it is still under warranty.
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)