Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I've gone through all the steps in the trouble shooting, I've turned it on/off, turned the computer on/off. All of my other devices are connected to the network just fine except for this printer. It is less than 2 months old and has been working fine since I got it and I haven't made any changes to anything.  It just stopped being connnected. 

I am so frustrated.... please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In order to re-connect printer to network, you would have to go plug in your USB cable.

1. Click Start Menu

2. Choose ALL PROGRAMS

3. Choose HP folder

4. Go to Officejet 4620

5. Add printer or Product Setup & Software, it should give you option (Convert USB to Wireless) option.

With this printer, you will have to install the printer USB first, and then convert it to wireless.

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

In order to re-connect printer to network, you would have to go plug in your USB cable.

1. Click Start Menu

2. Choose ALL PROGRAMS

3. Choose HP folder

4. Go to Officejet 4620

5. Add printer or Product Setup & Software, it should give you option (Convert USB to Wireless) option.

With this printer, you will have to install the printer USB first, and then convert it to wireless.

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended
so do I start all over again to change to a new network?
HP Recommended
You can still connect it back to the same network. It doesn't have to be a NEW NETWORK.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem in my second day of using this new printer, and the proposed solution worked.  I just hope I won't be doing this every day.  Is this an internet provider problem or a printer problem?

HP Recommended

@convina, you should not have to perform this everyday. Does your printer disconnect from the network everyday?

You may need to set a Static IP Address. This will give the printer and computer direct contact through the network. Here is a link that will assist you if you need guidance. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02790693

It is STEP 6, on this link.

HP Recommended
Thanks. This sounds helpful.
HP Recommended

@covina, let me know if this helps, or if you run into any problems.

HP Recommended

I have a mac 10.7.5 version  and a officejet 4620 all inoneprinter.  I had a new router installed and I need to reconnect my printer--- now what do I do--- i tried all steps onthe site.

HP Recommended

Hi chateaulog,

Thank you for joining the HP Support forums. I understand that you have installed a new router and need to reconnect your Officejet 4620 to your home wireless network.

I have included a link to HP's Wireless Printing Center Troubleshooting Issues.  In the section titled "Your printer was working over the network before, and now isn't" one of the choices is "Was anything changed or updated on your wireless router recently".  Please click on the '+ Read More' at the end of the choice and follow the instructions for when you have replaced your router.

HP's Wireless Printing Center Troubleshooting Issues

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/troubleshooting.html?jumpid=re_r11400_wi...

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.