12-29-2013 09:54 PM
I am trying to print out a photo that is black and white, but when i go to print it out it comes out pink and not black and white. my other cartridges are low but the black is full, could the colour of the photo be due to the other cartrides being almost empty.
12-30-2013 01:16 PM
The issue is your cyan and yellow are not printing properly, probably because they are low or out of ink. Black ink is not used when printing on photo paper because the pigmented black ink is not compatible with photo paper. When photo paper is selected the printer will use color to print, even for B&W photo's.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)