Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The HP OfficeJet 4620 freezes then the same message appears on the screen "Turn Power Off T". The buttons do not work. Only thing that works is unplugging the printer, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in. This is not good on the hardware...even I know that!

Any resolution? I hardly feel like replacing my printer with a re-furbished printer is an acceptable answer since I bought it NEW!

HP Recommended

I have sent your comments to the right people.  Someone will be in contact with you soon.  They will use the Private Message feature of the forums to contact you.  If you are not sure how to use this feature, please see the following post.

How To Send A Private Message – Video

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same nagging issue.  The printer is 3 months old and hasn't printed more than 30 pages.  Can you forward me to the right people and  get me the answer as well.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I had this problem before and it was fixed via telephone conversation with tech support. HOWEVER, it has happened AGAIN and my warrant ran out two weeks ago. My only recourse at this point is to turn the machine off every time!!!!  This is NOT convenient. It is a firmware issue and they should just send me directions on how to fix it myself, or send me a machine that works.

I have used HP products for a good 15 years and I will NOT ever purchase anything from them again. Really, two weeks out of warranty for a product defect and they can't help??

Nuts on them!!!

HP Recommended

Right this is driving me nuts.

I bought a HP 4620 Officejet which i thought would be good as it is HP and i cannot do ANYTHING, i have to unplug at the wall, i turn on and it warms up then it just freezes and then says turn power off etc.

Is this a fixable problem, as i use it for work from home. If it isnt fixable fullstop i would rather you say and then i can buy a new printer, i havent the time messing around fixing something that is 4 days old!!!!!

HP Recommended

I have had the same message, I just bought this printer about a year ago and now I feel I have to replace it because I can't print a page without the error coming up. I will definitely not be buying another HP printer or laptop (that I am about to replace.)

HP Recommended
I get the same message also. How do you update the firmware through the control panel?
HP Recommended

Please send me help.  This printer has never worked well.  Same problem out of the box.  I also have had to unplug it to satisfy the "turn power off" command.  Now that does not even work.  And, of course, it is now out of warranty by one month.

HP Recommended

This happens all the time.

There is no 'power off' option except to unplug which is extremely inconvenient.

I see mentioned, in other posts, an 'upgrade' is available.

Please advise how I can get this upgrade. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have been encountering this exact problem, and the printer is not even a week old yet.  Wireless printing and all the other printer functions have been working great, but since the first time the printer was plugged in, this problem would occur.  The printer seems to work fine, but somewhat randomly throughout the day, it becomes unresponsive, the screen displays "Turn power off, t" and the power button blinks, not fades like during sleep mode, but blinks.  Seems like it could be a firmware error, in which case I hope it is fixable because the printer is nearly useless, as it has to been unplugged and plugged back in when ever this occurs, which is unfortunately multiple times throughout the day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.