Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tell me how to fix this problem.

HP Recommended

@mickicarter wrote:

Tell me how to fix this problem.

See the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi....and THANK YOU!

I have experienced this problem many times. Up until this week I have been able to unplug the printer and plug it back in while holding down # & 3 to reset to factory default. That wouldn't work this time. After searching for an answer and using HP's solution to use a moistened, lint-free cloth to carefully clean the printhead and that didn't work...I kept searching until I found your answer.  I was skeptical to completely soak the printhead but decided I have no other choice to give it a try. I already have on hand $130 worth of ink cartridges and didn't want to purchase another printer.

So I gave your answer a shot. It took many, many changes of bowls of water until the water ran clear. I dried it very carefully with Qtips and then put the printerhead back into the printer with all fingers crossed.

IT WORKED!!!!! 

To all reading this, I think the key is persistence in continuing to soak the printhead, changing the water frequently, and having the patience to wait until the water runs clear. Completely submerging the printhead in water did not seem to adversely affect it.

Now I hope and pray I won't have to do this again for a very long time.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!  It took alot of time but you saved me from spending money on a new printer or printhead!

LBUTTER

HP Recommended
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE "T" AND IT WILL WORK! DON'T GIVE UP SOAKING THE PRINTHEAD UNTIL THE WATER RUNS CLEAR.
HP Recommended

I have also experienced the same issue with this printer since 9/19/2012.  The printer LED shows Black catridge in normal level but it doesn't print black.  I have also tried to copy a page with black words and the output is no black words.  Could someone help solve this issue?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@rc8520 wrote:

I have also experienced the same issue with this printer since 9/19/2012.  The printer LED shows Black catridge in normal level but it doesn't print black.  I have also tried to copy a page with black words and the output is no black words.  Could someone help solve this issue?  Thanks.

See the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I cleaned the printhead and still not printing. Brought my black cartridge back to Office Depot.  Put in the new one and it is printing. Spent 2 nights of frustration.

HP Recommended
Customer Service will tell yo
u
that you have a defective printer head, and they w
ill offer you a 40% discount on another printer. I said no thanks, threw my office jet 6500 in the trash. Never again will I buy an UP product. I WASTED SLOT OF MONEY ON THEIR GARBAGE PRODUCTS. Looking at Cannon products now.
HP Recommended

black ink not printing..6500 e709n

HP Recommended

I have changed the cartridge, even though it was not quite empty.  Every other color prints, but

not the black. I have an HP officejet 6500. What to do now?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.