05-19-2013 06:06 PM
I have replaced the black cartridge with 2 new genuine HP black cartridges. The printer still displays the "damaged or missing black ink cartridge" and it will not print. I tried cleaning the contacts but no change.
05-19-2013 06:19 PM
The troubleshooting steps in this document may help resolve the issue. I have also heard of cases where one of the pins in the printer was slightly misaligned, check the pins for the black cartridge and compare with the others. It may be necessary to gently nudge the pin back into position.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
03-19-2014 09:35 PM
I have replaced the Black cartridge and the printer does not want to recognize it. I have alighed printhead I have cleaned prntheads and I have unpluged the printer and waited 20 secs and repluged in and held down the # key etc. What do I need to do next to get this printer to work?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)