Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus All-in-One that has worked perferctly for the last year and a half.When it came time to buy ink cartridges this time, I decided to go with the HP 920XL so that I didn't have to buy ink as often. Unfortunately, after changing the carts, instead of printing pictures of the grandkids for the wife, I am grteeted with a message on the screen saying, "There is a problem with the printer. Refer to Printer Documentation. 0x610000f6" I went to the HP website and tried all of the things in the support section relating to this error number, but NONE OF THEM WORKED.Unfortunately, the old cartridges were gone before I tried to use the printer and found this irritating message. Anyone have any idea how to get me up and going again? (It couldn't do this before I spent almost $70 in ink!)

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

This An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing document would be what I would recommend, if you haven't looked at this one already.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

No, I tried the docs on the front of the printer AND the docs on your support page. Nothing works... I do not understand how switching to HP brand 920XL ink cartridges caused this. The printer worked flawlessly unlee I tried to the bigger carts. I even tried a new set of 920 (not XL) but that didn't help either. I do know that if I can not get a solution for this, it will be the last HP anything I buy, or recommend.

CR Hamilton

HP Recommended

Hi Aravorn,

I understand that you are getting an error '0X610000F6'. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. In this document for A 'Carriage Jam' or '0X610000F6' Message Displays on the All-in-One you must follow the steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Well, even though I had previously done ALL of the steps IN ORDER, I did them again, just in case I missed something. Results were EXACTLY the same. What next?

@Advance23 wrote:

Hi Aravorn,

I understand that you are getting an error '0X610000F6'. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. In this document for A 'Carriage Jam' or '0X610000F6' Message Displays on the All-in-One you must follow the steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi Aravorn,

I am sorry that document did not help resolve the issue. I suggest we try a partial reset on the printer and if this does not work then we can try a semi-full reset. When you do a reset it will require a new ePrint address.

I will private message the information to reset the printer.

Link for How To Send A Private Message - Video

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply...  However, I find nothing on the printer or the screen that resembles a BL button. Can you be more specific?

HP Recommended

Hi Aravorn,

Before you begin hit the copy option and you will be able to see where the buttons are. You are looking for the bottom left (BL return arrow). Then press the home button and try the steps to the reset I sent you.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.