05-04-2014 09:22 PM
I would greatly appreciate someones help on solving this problem which I have spent far too many days and hours already trying to figure it out but to no avail.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop and the above mentioned HP printer. Connection via USB but nothing will print, the print jobs sit in queue. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers via CD and those offered on-line numerous times and still nothing. My daughter has a macbook and my son has a HP laptop and both their computers once connected via USB, will print with no problem (And they did not install the driver CD). I have also used the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it does not detect my laptop. Each time I try to install drivers I get to the point where it says connect via USB but it does not recognize it's already connected. And yes I have tried all USB ports on my laptop and they are not the issue.
This eve my daughter gave me here printer which is a HP 1100 series to try and see if it would work with my laptop, but nothing....again. When I go into Devices and Printers both printer are listed there.
Please, please help as I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)