11-03-2012 06:53 PM - edited 11-03-2012 06:54 PM
My Officejet keeps on cleaning its print head, and it keeps on doing it, over and over again. I dont understand what the problem is.
After it Finally Cleans the Printhead, it says checking printer and then starts cleaning the printhead again.
11-06-2012 08:23 AM
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
I would also try a manual cleaning on the printhead contacts to make sure that build up is not triggering a constant cleaning cycle. pages 103-105 in the printer manual covers this process. Here is the link to the manual: http://goo.gl/dZ4NR
08-13-2013 09:46 AM
Why does it do this?
spent another $100 buying a set of inks.
now it's cleaning itself like a dog in heat...
I do not abuse my printer; got a pro because i got tired of buying a printer every year.
I do not have a business, but have 3 persons in my home in school.
if your computers and printers can't handle the demand from 3 school children,
that sparingly use this printer, then change the name from pro to cheap...
04-27-2014 01:17 PM
This is the worst printer I have ever owned. It's doing the same thing. I have spent almost 200 dollars for ink.
HP should reimburse me for the money spent on ink and Printheads. I give up!!!
07-10-2015 08:30 PM
Rule #1 Although if yor here it is a bit late. Don't let the Ink run empty. It seems if you do keep printing until hte ink is empty the system goes into some self fix mode. Ater 30 pages or so I still dont have a working print with my yellow color.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)