Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600.  I extended the papertray out for legal size paper and not I can't get it to go back in.  The book doesn not tel you how to do this.  Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi horsewhisperer8,

Need to press the blue button in the red square in the picture below to readjust the paper size of the tray.

IMAG0096.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi horsewhisperer8,

Need to press the blue button in the red square in the picture below to readjust the paper size of the tray.

IMAG0096.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Once the paper tray is expanded to legal size it will not completely go back into the printer. Once you have loaded your legal size paper, gently push the paper tray in as far as it will go. Then print as normal. 

HP Recommended

Okay, so I've loaded legal paper in Tray 2 and 11" in Tray 1.  Will the printer know which tray to pull from when I print the applicable-sized document?  Thanks much

HP Recommended
Absolute KUDOS to the HP employee who posted this. Perhaps customer support / sales, etc.should read this rather then suggest I purchase the 260 paper tray; what was that all about? They did not have a clue.
HP Recommended

How do I make it print to the second tray with legal paper? I have both trays loaded but it always comes out on the top tray.

HP Recommended

Hi EgnorCPA,

Refer to my other thread at the link below for setting up the trays.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Officejet-printers-with-2nd-paper-tray...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thank you , thank you , thank you!!!  What a relief! I had the same prob.  Duh!  I knew HP couldnt make a product THAT defective.

Crazy thing is, the HP support staff had no Idea and had me return my previous 8600 !   A bit more staff edu perhaps?

HP Recommended

Hi Mimirow,

Glad to hear this resolved your issue. Have a wonderful weekend.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
My paper tray is stuck in a half open position and won't go in or out. I do NOT have a second tray.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.