Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi my printer screen has become virtually unreadable, the most frustrating thing that it is now one year and one week old!
The clarity has been degrading over the last few months but it was not until someone else mentioned it was not right that i realised how bad it had got.

I have tried the usual, power it off, unplug, and start again, I have also tried adjusting the brightness but it seems to be a contrast issue not brightness.

Is this a known problem with the display?

Please help before it is no longer possible to read the icons then I will need a new printer.

Many thanks
Martin
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi there Martin,

Welcome to the ForumsSmiley Happy

I understand you are having a display screen issue with your Officejet 8600 model. I have a couple of suggestions for you, and if by chance, they do not help you, I would then recommend calling HP's Technical Support to see about other options for you.

First of all, check for a firmware update: Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates

Follow this guide next: Blank Control Panel Display

HP's Contact Info:

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Best wishes,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with losing the 'contrast' and after attempting the usual plug out etc., HP have replaced the printer under warranty. My printer was 11 months old and the contact with the Support was very straightforward, with the replacement arriving within a couple of days.

Will be installing it this weekend.

HP Recommended

I have HP officejet pro 8600 my sreen is unreadable (white). I can see is a common problem what do i do.

Thanks.

Nat Onozie.

HP Recommended

I am also having this problem.  Software is up to date.  Screen background is white and very difficult to read.  Is HP doing anything to rectify this problem since so many seem to have it?

HP Recommended

Same thing here.

Seems a hardware issue for me.

got my hp on 29th Juli 2012

Would be nice, if HP-Team could give a statement here!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP 8600.  LCD screen is white like the contrast is messed up.  HP Team please offer some assistance.

HP Recommended

I have experienced the same issue with my 8610 printer. First I encountered the print head missing problem and then suddenly the display went off. Seems it's manufacture defect as I have seen many customer's facing the same issue around the web.

It is such a shame that hp is releasing defective products despite the customer paying huge amount for it's genuine ink movement. This is not acceptable and hp should be sued for misleading the customer.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem...LCD Control Panel blank white.  I followed the recommended troubleshooting steps, with no success. I called the tech support line, listed above. I was told the LCD control panel cannot be repaired, and was given an offer to buy a new OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer for $99. I was told it was a special offer price, but a quick search showed that printer sells for that same price at Staples and Office Depot.

Clearly the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 LCD control panel has a design or manufacturing defect. Shame on HP for not using this Forum to admit to a product problem when one exists. No one should expect perfection, but when problems DO exist, good companies have learned to stand up and admit it. Right now HP is clearly ducking this defect, hoping it will go away. Staples alone has probably sold tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of these printers. So we should just throw them in our local landfill ? Sorry to see HP lacking in corporate ownership of environmental stewardship.

I'll not be buying a new HP printer soon... or ever... until a real person from HP responds with a real answer to the product's problem. 

I suggest all readers of this forum do the same.

HP Recommended
Well said -HP completely dropped the ball on this issue. Printer has been ok otherwise, but I also have the unreadable display issue on the officejet pro 8600 after owning for a short time. I just had to use a tutorial on YouTube to show me what the screens are supposed to look like just to change my wifi password. Since I'm out of warranty, I'll have to plan to spend $30 for a replacement LCD display panel and fix myself.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.