Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hmmm metal shelves near it? I honestly don't think it's interference causing this but then again just trying to think outside the box (the router being the box).

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
My router is 1 meter away from the printer. The router is dlink go rt n300. The router works just fine. I really think the problem is with the wireless connection from the printer. Printing word documents is easy but when it comes to larger documents like pdf I think that the wireless system from the printer is just not fast enough to transfer the data. So the problem is either software or hardware. But that is what the guys from hp should find out, the faster the better...
HP Recommended

So, its from bad to worse! I bought LAN cable, installed, same speed on printing pdf files, I bought also usb cable, same thing happening, this is unbelievable but the problem IS NOT  the router or the wifi as I thought, it's just the printer that seems uncapable of fast printing files that are biger than word documents. Ah, and i tried also e print, same result. 

HP Recommended
Thank you for at least posting your results here. I'm still trying to get some more assistance on this thread.

Your contributions are appreciated (all of you)!

HP Recommended

@VisionAiry, has anybody tried another pdf reader like Nitro?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended
@8lives, I also printed from xnview some photo files, same thing happened. It seems that it can't process bigger files. I still think it's a software problem from the printer. If is physical than is really bad...
HP Recommended
Good idea! Not mentioned before I don't think. Some find even ePrint slow as well as with USB but it may all have to do with it being a .PDF or contain images. Not sure

HP Recommended

@69crs, are you running Windows 8?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@69crs, if you use the copy command from the 8610 front panel does the problem still exist.  (print 5 pages)

HP Recommended
1.I have windows 8.1 x64
2.Copy command works fine, I mean decent
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.