Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. I know this may sound cliche but have you tried uninstalling from add/remove programs and installing the printer software again either via the website or software disk that came with the printer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

have 4 computers all doing the same thing.  uninstall it and reinstalled software on 2 of them with no luck so didn't bother doing it on the other 2. ran print and scan doctor and found no issues. I can ping the printer just fine, with a 25ms reply average so i know the computers can communicate with the printer. 

HP Recommended

@fixadmin, check the 8610 Printer Properties > Ports tab > Configure Port (log in as administrator)
Make sure that SNMP Status is Disabled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Unfotunately ... it is a piece of junk.

HP Recommended

Here is a list of assorted tools you could try with minimal effort on your part

HP Diagnostic Tools

Have you tried something as simple as setting a static IP?

Sorry for the delayed response.  I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Also I reached out to the community and @Dragon-Fur found this info for you:

"I can offer the following, gathered from my meanderings on the subject:

The newest routers, that is, those supporting 802.11ac are more popular than ever - printers supporting this technology are in short supply: consider the issue might be a conflict in channel selection.

The router might support 802.11ac -- the printer does not.  The two do not always marry well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EWS > Network > Advanced Settings > Bonjour

Bonjour might be disabled; it is worth a try on those networks for which this is an option.

If Bonjour cannot be disabled, try the following:

Set Bonjour Highest Priority Service > 9100 Printing

Reference:

Printer Will Not Print

See Section: Additonal Help > Mac Printing > Example 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EWS > Network > Advanced Settings > Advanced DHCP Settings

Consider, in those situations where the option is available - that is, if sharing is not enabled in the network and / or the need for DHCPv6 has not been established:

Disable DHCPv6

HP Recommended

setting a static IP address worked for a few days.  we just gave the printer away and got something else.  never in my life had so many problems with a printer than with this one.

HP Recommended

Well at least you don't have any more issues with it 😄 Thanks a bunch for the reply!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP Officejet 8610. Printing any file is fine except for .pdf files, which print very slowly.
The printer is connected via USB to my PC (Windows 10) with the Adobe Acrobat Reader XI
Looking at other solutions for this problem (which, according to internet finds, is being reported since 2014, and yet no solution has been presented), I have reinstalled the printer. I have removed and replaced cartiges, I have their heads cleaned, aligned, and so on. I have also installed the HP Print and Scan Doctor, tried to find solutions to the problem but the problem is not identified by the software.
I have also checked the "let printer determine colors" in the advanced print setup of .pdf files.

Nothing works.

This is clearly a flaw in your software and so far no update as solved it, despite being reported for well over a year now. I expect a solution to this problem otherwise I will be returning the printer.

HP Recommended
Get rid of it while you can 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.