Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

For some reason it no longer connects to my desktop computer through usb or wireless. Yet other laptops are able to print to it. I have tried to reinstall software from HP site it fails each time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Desktop: I have tried to uninstall printer programs and device from windows then reinstall. This has not worked. I disconnected printer from usb and tried only wireless has not worked. However my laptop still prints to printer. In the devices panel even though I try to remove the printer it keeps popping back up.

HP Recommended

When I try to reinstall the printer I am unable to start a printer test.

HP Recommended

How do I clear everything out of my computer to do with this printer then reinstall fresh. I am starting to think I may need to upgrade to win10 because this is strange. I don't know how else to clear this problem. I've never run into this where I can't clear the printer then reinstall and have it work???

HP Recommended

I recently uninstall my windows office 2010 and installed the new office 365. Problems started after this. I also tried a recovery but that failed as well, not sure why. I created the recovery point before switching office products.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.