09-11-2013 10:35 AM
I have a HP Officejet Pro X451 and I would like to know how to do the following: (as I ca't figure it out)
Set printer preferences to recognize envelope when placed in the "Tray 1"
When I put in an envelope in "Tray 1" I litteraly have to choose "Tray 1" when I go to print. I print envelopes and reular sized paper all day long, so you can see how this can be annoying.... as every time I print, I have to go back and forth to selecting "Tray 1" (for envelopes) or "Automatic" (which prints a document [from the main tray])
09-12-2013 02:08 PM
Hello, I would try going to "Setup", "Device settings", "Paper Handling", and then "Paper selection". From there you can change the size/type for tray 1. Of course, you will have to change the the size/type for tray 1 if you plan on doing any other print jobs that are not envelope size.
Hope this helps.....
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)