Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP PSC 1350 All-in-One Printer recently started acting up.  The "Check Print Cartridge" light is blinking and there is an "E" on the copies display.  I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips on-line and still have had no luck.  A problem I've noticed that may be contributing to the problem is that when I open the access door, the carriage moves all the way to left, then all the way to right, then back to the left, and so forth and, ultimately ends up on the far right hand side (not in the middle).  All the troubleshooting tips tell me to turn the printer off and then back on if the carriage doesn't move to the center.  When I do this, my errors remain lit up and the carriage still will not go to the center.  I've checked for loose paper, took the cartilages out and put them back in, checked the carriage for obstructions, and unplugged the printer and plugged it back in several times.  Any idea where to go from here?  Is it possible that one of my ink cartilages is defective and that is what could be preventing the carriage from moving to the correct spot when the access door is open?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that the computer system I use with the printer is Windows and the printer is connected to the computer using a USB cord.  Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi ekelly5,

I understand you have a PSC 1350 and it has not been working properly for you. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

I would recommend looking through the Blinking Lights document to make sure there aren't any steps that you've missed, and it also explains that the E on your printer's screen indicates something is wrong with the printer. I would also suggest that you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power to function correctly.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Error light blinking and E showing. Ink levels showing as zero yet cartridges only replaced so I know them to be full. Tried switch off/on process, also cleaned cartridges, but still having problem. What else should I do?

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem. The ink cartridge is new.  Total **bleep**.  You would think hp's Quality Control Department would devise a fix for this.  I NEED TO FREAKING PRINT RIGHT NOW!  Argh this is so frustrating.  I feel like hp owes me a patch!  Research shows this is a common problem with this printer... SURELY hp is aware of their defect.  Come on!  Recall!

P.T.

HP Recommended

Hi @Philosopher,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems with your HP PSC 1350 All-in-One Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. The printer is in an error state so you will need to clear the error before you can print. This type of problem is usually related to the hardware issue.

To help you determine the cause use this guide:

If you have a defective ink cartridge it might be under warranty. To check the warranty on your ink supplies, go to hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies, select your country/region, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.