Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have replaced all four ink cartridges (HP replacements used) but for some reason the Cyan is showing a problem.  I contacted the seller of the ink and returned the cartridge for a new one, thinking I had a faulty cartridge, today the new one arrived and on installing it the same message appears.  I have tried everything I can think of to sort this problem out. The really weird thing is that if you replace the new full cartridge with the old, almost empty one, the message disappears, hence the reason I thought the problem was a faulty cartridge.  I can't have had two faulty cartridges so what now?

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
HP support were baffled, they sent me a new cartridge but still no joy so we've had to buy a new printer.
Thanks anyway

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi mulliganboy, so are they genuine HP cartridges or a different brand/or refill?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Ciara,
Genuine HP cartridges, never use anything else.
HP Recommended

Hi mulliganboy,

Are they snapping into place ok?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02924284

1. Figure 3: Snap the cartridge into its slot
    Image: Snap the cartridge into its slot.
  2. If the cartridge does not snap into place, remove the cartridge from the carriage. Gently bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then reinsert the cartridge into the carriage.
    CAUTION:Be careful not to bend the tab out more than 1.27 cm (0.5 in). Moving the tab too far might damage the cartridge or cause the tab to break off.
    Figure 4: Example of bending the tab away from the cartridge
    Image: Example of bending the tab away from the cartridge
    1 - Bend the tab away from the cartridge
    2 - Do not bend the tab more than 1.27 cm (0.5 in)
HP Recommended
There is a definate click when the cartridge is inserted but I have bent the tab back anyway. It's made no difference.
'one or more cartridges appear to be missing or damaged. Install or replace the affected cartridge'.

You can't do anything with the printer - its locked everything down.

HP Recommended

Ok, I'd suggest contacting HP phone support. First check the warranty ends dates on the cartridge...

Wty ends dates.jpg
Can you please let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Hi mulliganboy

Just wondering if you got a replacement?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended
HP support were baffled, they sent me a new cartridge but still no joy so we've had to buy a new printer.
Thanks anyway
HP Recommended

Hi - little late - but I had the same problem and here's what I did

1. Bought all new ink cartridges - yes, genuine HP

2. Replaced - didn't solve so 

3. Removed all ink cartridges

4. turned off printer

5. turned on printer

6. Put back all ink cartridges in

7. Ran the configuration page from the utility, printed fine

8. still couldn't print so

9. Added the printer as a new printer, worked fine.

Probably could skip just to step 9, but hindsight ...

HP Recommended

I have almost exactly the same problem.

Did all ther thinds you did. Went directly to adding the printer as new.

Same problem, still there. The message seems to have settled on replacing the black cartridge, which is brand new HP brand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.