Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer was working perfectly until old router died last week.  I have been able to set up the new router with the printer but now my MacBook won't print wirelessly.  It will print the test page wirelessly via printer utility, but not other documents.  It will print via USB and e-print.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I have tried resetting computer, printer and router, but no success.

When I try to print the document appears in the print queue and the message is that the printer is busy.  Print Utility can communicate with the printer for supply levels etc.

Any help gratefully received!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried doing what you suggest.  I still can't get it to print wirelessly.  The printer says it is connected to the wireless network but it does not appear in the Print and Scan window.  The only way I can find to get my Mac to find it is by connecting via USB, at which point it functions normally.  But as soon as I take the USB cable away the printer status changes to offline.  I can still print with e-printing.

Any further tips appreciated.

HP Recommended

What IP address is assigned to your printer?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Try resetting your network defaults. Go into the setup menu and select wireless. Scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Restore Network Defaults". Select that. Once it completes, go back into settings > wireless and this time select "wireless setup wizard". This will reconnect your printer to your network. After it has connected, go and try to add it back on your Mac. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Ok, so I've reinstalled the software on my Mac, reset the network defaults on the printer and run the wireless setup again on printer and on my Mac. Result is that the computer can see the printer again but no joy on printing. Can't even eprint now for some reason.
Getting the message that "the printer is busy" in the print queue. The HP Connected site says there is an "unspecified problem" with the printer and to check the front panel of the printer - I have and there is no error message! No idea what to do now, any thoughts?
HP Recommended

What kind of router are you using? Brand and model number.

Thanks,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

After about the 8th uninstall/reinstall and resetting defaults on printer the problem seems to have gone and wireless is working again.  Fingers crossed it will continue - I have an assignment to hand in soon!

Thanks for all your help.

HP Recommended

Not sure what did it, but I'm glad it's working for you now!

IF you have anymore issues, just reply back in this thread and I will see if I can help.

Have a great day!

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.