Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I replaced all 4 cartridges in my printer and tried to print out a form but the black ink is not printing. Thinking maybe I bought a defected cartridge I bought another one but I'm still having the same problem. This is the first time I've had to replace my cartridges (still had originals in - printer was bought in December). I've never had printing issues before. Please help....in desperate need of my working printer!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi barbil,

The printhead for this printer is not removable. 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I own a HP 6000 and had same problen with  a new black replacement.  what to do? First take out all cartridges, next take out print head. Wash with hydrogen peroxide, (it will not harm the print head). Ink may have dried to the print head. Next  wash with water, let the print head dry. Next, install all cartridges plus the new black ink cartridge. Run several pages on black as the black ink must go to the print head. ( printing will  not print)  The black will start after perhaps  one or two sheets of paper. Best results, do not let black ink run out.

If printing with color, same problem. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi Deshotels1015,

Were you able to resolve the problem you were experiencing? 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I read how to clean the print head, but how do i get it out. It does not want to just lift out like the old Cannon I had did.

It is an HP 6520

thanks

Barbil

HP Recommended

Hi barbil,

The printhead for this printer is not removable. 

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help RIch.

HP Recommended

Hi Barbil

As Rich states, this printhead is not removable (no latch at the side)

Printhead with latch compared to without latch.jpg

If your printer is still in warranty I would suggest contacting HP phone support as you may require a replacement.

Please let us know how you get on...

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. The printer is being replaced as it is under warranty.

HP Recommended

Hi barbil, glad to hear you're getting it replaced. 

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

And what about a printer OUT of warranty? Just junk it and replace it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.