Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using all genuine HP inks in my 6520. The machine still prints blank pages and spits out multile pages. From what I have been reading on this forum is that it may be a bad print head? Or is it something else? Can someone please respond to me and let me know. My printer is out of warranty and am not sure what to do.

ALISON
HP Recommended

Hi alisonb98,

Welcome to the HP Support Forusm! :smileyhappy: I see you are not able to print in black ink on your HP Photosmart 6520, I am not sure which troubleshooting steps you have completed already but I would like you to start here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

Please complete ALL steps listed in order to try and resolve the black out problem you are experiencing, if you are still not able to use the black after the steps have been done leave me with your Country/Region so we can go from there.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had followed the steps outlined in

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03954004

I have all HP genuine inks

they are new and functional

I have cleaned the heads

I have aligned the cartridges

No luck

My issue has still not been resolved.

ALISON
HP Recommended

alisonb98,

Yes, and as stated if you are still unable to print in black ink, leave me with your Country/Region. I am trying to help you get this resolved but require the requested information.

I mean I could assume because your display picture is of a Canadian Maple Leaf you are in Canada, however in this lifetime assuming has gotten me nowhere! LOL :LaughingTears:

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I'm wondering the same the as I have a Photosmart 6520 and have tried all of the these fixes and still have a printer that won't print in black. It's not under warranty. Is it junk?
HP Recommended

I am in seattle, wa, not canada. Please let me know where I can get some help with this. Thank you

ALISON
HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

alisonb98- I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Markinthe509- What Country/Region are you in?

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with black not printing.  I called HP customer support and they asked me to go out and buy another black cartridge.  I'm out another $13, as it didn't work.

I'm located in North Carolina, USA.

HP Recommended

Good luck with trying to find a solution. I am the original poster and I NEVER was able to have my printer properly functioning. It was replaced with an Epson and now I am finally able to print again without any problems. Very disappointed with the quality of this specific HP printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.