Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HI All,
I've had my HP Photosmart 6520 printer for a while, and had problems with printing, so I uninstalled the printer on my computer. Now, when I try to connect to my wireless, it asks for my IP address. I thought I knew the IP address. This message in red came up: -The IP address entered is currently being us by this computer. Please confirm that your printer actually has this IP address or enter the correct address below and click Search. Am I supposed to put my IP address for my printer in? How do I find that out? I don't know that address. Thank You!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Barbie_K,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are trying to re-add your Photosmart 6520, but having some I.P address issues. The I.P address it would be asking for would be that of the printers.

You can easily gather the printers I.P address by touching the Wireless icon on the printer and it will be displayed on the screen that loads. If for some reason it does not have an I.P address, touch Setting from the Wireless screen> Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the steps to select your network name and password.

If you need more help, please reply back with as much information as possible. 🙂

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello!  

I am having troubles connecting my Macbook to my HP photosmart 6520 printer.  It is on a wireless network.  When try adding  a Printer, my 6520 does not pop up as an option.  I tried downloading new drivers but unsure if that's the problem. Can you help me?

Thank you!

NB

HP Recommended

Hi Bouldermom, I'd be happy to see if I can help!

A few question to help get me on the same page;

• What type of wireless router do you have, Netgear, Linksys, Apple, etc?
  • What is the version of Mac, including version, e.g. 10.8?
  • What is the current network name the Mac is connected with?

Also, please print a Wireless Test Report from the printer (Press wireless icon, then setting) and let me know the following;

• I.P address
  • SSID or Network Name
  • Channel

Hope to hear back, cheers!

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 6520 (all in one) wireless printer show a different IP address than my router IP address. (one digit differs)

When I try to install using my router IP address I get a message saying it is my router address but check if my printer address is the same. When I enter the printer IP address I get the message 'cannot find my printer'. 

I therefore cannot install my printer drivers.

HP Recommended

@SusanSomerville

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need assistance with the HP Photosmart 6520 IP address,

Don't worry, here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

Advanced troubleshooting steps:

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

If the issue persists, select one of the following situations that best describes the issue that you are having.

Which situation best describes your issue?

·         A. I have not been able to use the printer over a wireless network.

·         B. I have used the printer from this computer with a wireless connection before, but now it's not working.

·         C. My computer (or tablet or smart phone) can no longer connect to the Internet.

·         D. I have been using the printer from this computer with a USB cable connection, but now I want to switch to a wireless connection.

·         E. The printer is connected to my wireless network, and I want to share it with other computers on my network.

Click here for details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.