Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 6520 printer.  I can not figure how to print envelopes.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hey Trottier

I understand you're having problems printing envelopes.  I am linking you to a document with video that will assist.  

Printing envelopes

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

How do I print an envelope on an HP Photosmart e6520? I keep getting a paper mismatch error.

HP Recommended

Hey dlw2448,

I see you are trying to print off an envelope with your Photosmart 6520 and are receiving paper mismatch errors.

What size/# envelope are you trying to print on?

Do you have the full feature software for the printer installed on the PC?

What is the Operating System of the computer you are printing from?

What program are you printing the envelope from?

Have you checked the printing preferences to make sure you have the correct envelope size set in the driver?  If the paper size is set in the driver to say Letter (8.5x11), then it will give a paper mismatch error as the printer paper sensors recognize the envelope as not matching driver settings.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

the link to the "solution" shows a COMPLETELY different paper tray configuration than my Photosmart 6250 (there is NO envelope slot on top !!!!!)    ...and the explanation is convoluted. Please give a SIMPLE STEP BY STEP TO PRINT A SINGLE ENVELOPE WITH THE PHOTOSMART 6520

HP Recommended

Hey ttp,

1. Pull out the input tray until it stops, and then slide the paper guides to their outermost positions.
    Figure 9: Pull out the input tray and slide out the paper guides
    Image: Pull out the input tray and slide out the paper guides.
  2. Load one or more envelopes into the tray, with the flaps on the left and facing up.
    Figure 10: Load the envelopes into the tray
    Image: Load the envelopes into the tray.
  3. Slide in the paper guides so that they rest against the stack of envelopes.
    Figure 11: Slide in the paper guides until they rest against the edges of the envelopes
    Image: Slide in the paper  guides.
  4. Push the paper tray into the printer.

Figure 12: Push the paper tray into the printer
Image:  Push the paper tray into the printer.

This will get the paper tray setup with the Envelopes in it for printing.  From here set the envelope printing up in your computer software and select Print to print out your envelope.

Hope this helps,
Jason
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The suggestion of 8-26-13 does not work.  I have tried repeatedly and always get paper mismatch.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hey jgada,

I see you are having an issue of "paper mismatch" error.  I would like to ask a few questions in this case.

• Have you taken all paper out of the printer except for the desired envelopes for printing and set the paper guides as shown above?
  • What program are you using to create the envelope template?  Have you checked your print settings to make sure the expected paper type for the printer driver is set to match the envelopes? (This part is key, because if the driver expects Letter paper or something similar it will always provide this error no matter any other parameters you set)
  • What is the number of envelope? (Such as #10, etc)
  • What is the operating system of the computer you have the printer installed on for printing?

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I had to remove the regular paper out of the tray, insert the envelope, and then adjust the SECOND set of paper guides in order to print envelopes. you can't print anything but regular paper if you follow the instructions given.
HP Recommended

@Ferret_Prime wrote:
I had to remove the regular paper out of the tray, insert the envelope, and then adjust the SECOND set of paper guides in order to print envelopes. you can't print anything but regular paper if you follow the instructions given.

**The pictures above and instructions do not indicate to leave the regular paper in place, then put envelopes on top.  I am sorry for the confusion, but felt the pictures documented this.

Best of luck,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.