Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a Photosmart 6520, that enables 2 sided print.

However, to use it, I can´t chose borderless printing causing the printer to increase the margins in about 1 cm, even if I have bigger margins.

I doesn't make sense!!!

The printer shouldn't reduce the size of my printings once they are inside the allowed margins.

Is there a way to overcome this issue (but keeping using automatic 2 sided printing)??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, in your original post you said you wanted borderless printing and automatic two-sided printing.  In the driver settings look for the Advanced setting, set "preserve layout" to no, OK.  When this box is checked the printer will shrink the print slightly to make sure the print will fit on the page when duplexing.

ps 6520.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The automatic duplexer requires marginss on the paper to allow the printer to keep hold of the paper to pull it back into the printer for printing the back side.  Borderless printing and two sided printing are not compatible, you would need to choose one or the other.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

But it doesn't make any sense.

I want duplex and I choose page with border.

If my document has margins bigger then the required for duplexing, then the document shoudn't be resized!!!!

HP Recommended

OK, in your original post you said you wanted borderless printing and automatic two-sided printing.  In the driver settings look for the Advanced setting, set "preserve layout" to no, OK.  When this box is checked the printer will shrink the print slightly to make sure the print will fit on the page when duplexing.

ps 6520.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Now it works as supposed.

I thing that was the only parameter that I haven't change!!!!

Thanks a lot for the help.

regards

HP Recommended

I am glad I could help.  The "preserve layout" dialog is a bit obscure, it is intended to deal with the issue where the margins on the page are not already large enough to handle duplex printing.  In this case, if duplex printing is selected and the preserve layout is not enebled a page may print partially on one page and the rest on the back side.  Preserve layout shrinks things so it would all fit on the page, but this is not the desired action for some cases.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.