Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hey @PAULROB,

Welcome to the thread!

I see that your HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One Printer is not printing in black. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

To start, can I please have you click here and review the troubleshooting Solutions provided. Please ensure that all steps under Solution one through to Solution six have been completed. Once troubleshooting has been completed please test print a Quality Report or a Black Copy to confirm that the black printing issue has been resolved.

Please let me know if the steps provided resolve this black printing issue. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem with my black ink not printing after a cartridge replacement. I have completed the six steps on the troubleshooting page with no improvement. I don't think this printer is even a year old yet.

Thanks

Matt

HP Recommended

Hey @Thomas81,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are not able to print in black from your HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One Printer. Thanks for indicating that you have already completed all recommended troubleshooting steps I previously provided in this thread. Because the troubleshooting steps failed to resolve this black printing issue I recommend at this point that you give our Technical Support queue a call by phone to explore hardware options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: [edited]. This is the North America support number. If you are located elsewhere let me know and I'll get you the correct number.

Best of luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue. Just started yesterday. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and the black ink just wont print. I just paid $70 for ink yesterday and replaced them all and still doesn't work. Please advise! 

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I have tried all the options provided, printed many test pages, and used the HP Print and Scan Doctor with no success.  The Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints all the wording in black, but will not print the black blocks in Item #3.  The printer will not print a text document from Word either. 

I have uninstalled all of the original drivers and replaced them with the updated drivers from the HP site.  I am running Windows 10.  I have not recently installed a new cartridge; the current one was installed in November 2015 and has been printing fine until now. 

The black ink is printing on the text on the test page but not on the block.  Seems like a software problem, but I don't know what to try next.

HP Recommended

***Update*** I had originally bought my printer from Costco in Oct 2013 (today is March 2016), I returned it to them and they took it back as well as all the ink I had bought the previous week and 2 months before. 

HP Recommended

My Photosmart 6525 has also just recently stopped printing in black.  I have even switched out the cartridge thinking the first might be defective.  I can see no other problems.  This is very disappointing as this was my favorite printer of all those I have had.  I have only had it a couple of years and for the price it should last much longer.  If this is defective and HP will not make it right, my next one will be from a different company. So tired of companies who put out poor products and then won't stand behind them.  Another disgruntled customer

HP Recommended

My 6525 just developed the same problem.  Based on the overwhelming volume of similar problem reported, I have decided to throw mine in the trash and never buy HP again.  I have only had this for two years and the only thing HP can do to earn my loyalty back is to deliver a brand new printer to my home at no cost.  Also the ink is so expensive that if I returned the ink I have for this printer I can buy a new printer with the money.  I don't know which business school HP management went to, but they should have learned that if you want people to get hooked on your super expensive ink, you should at least sell them a quality printer.  Stupid.

HP Recommended

I've just had this happen. I bought my printer at Costco too....did you have the receipt for it or were they accomodating?

HP Recommended

I did not go through SAMs Club. Contacted HP directly. They made me go through all the steps to check everything. Tried to deny this was a problem until I told them Id been on their forum. Had to speak to at least three different people.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.