Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6525
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

While scanning, scan head extends from home position to fully extended and will not return. Tried powering down and restart and it will not respond.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Comtech1 

This may be a case of wrong settings provided in the HP software. Please check the settings provided in the software. Apart from that, could you please elaborate more on the issue that you are facing? 

"Tried powering down and restart and it will not respond."

- Does it mean that your scanner is stuck at one position and you are unable to scan anymore documents ?

Regards

Satya

I am a HP employee

I am a HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello, 

You did a great job by finding that the scan carriage gets stuck.

The only possible solution that could work is to have the printer connected directly to wall outlet (bypass the Surge / power strip ).

1. Unplug the power cord of the printer while it is ON.
  2. Remove papers/ document from the scanner flatbed ( or Document feeder if any )
  3. Ensure the scan cover is closed.
  4. Wait for 30 seconds.
  5. Plug in the power cord directly to wall outlet (bypass the Surge / power strip ). and then to the printer.
  6. If printer does not power ON, press the ON button to do so.
  7. Now try making a Copy.
  8. If issue still persists, you may have to call HP Tech Support for servicing the printer. 

Servicing the printer would depend on the printer warranty. If you are printer is Out Of Warranty, you might have an opportunity to Trade in this printer. If you are in USA : call 1-800-474-6836

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Comtech1,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

For scan issues, you can download the HP Print Scan doctor from HP website. It will diagnose and fix the problem for you.  This could also be used for any other printing issue you may encounter.

Here is the link:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

If you want to know what it can do,  read the document here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03286146

Hope this helps.

I am an HP employee

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Have a nice day!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.