10-22-2013 04:42 PM
Hi I have an hp photosmart 7510 all in one printer. I recently bought the photo black cartridge which is very expensive and that I don't need. However the printer doesnt work without it so I bought it anyway. my problem is the printer is using this ink when printing documents. how do I stop this?
I know this is a common problem but I have yet to get an answer!
10-24-2013 10:53 AM
What operating system? Make sure you have selected the proper paper type in the driver. I would suggest selecting Plain Paper if you are printing on plain paper rather than selecting Automatic.
If the paper type is set to (or if Automatic, detected as) photo paper the normal black ink will not be used.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)