Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This used to work. Now when I try to scan to email, I get all the way to where I choose that it is a Document and then I get the message "Unable to connect to web services". I have printed the Wireless Network Test Results and everything looks great. Also the Network Configuration page looks great. My network name, Says it is connected to the Internet. I was able to download updates. IP Address looks right. 

I downloaded and ran the HP PRint and Scan Doctor and it crashed.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    HPDiagnosticCoreUI.exe
  Application Version:    3.1.0.25
  Application Timestamp:    50fd3a60
  Fault Module Name:    dlbxtwds.ds
  Fault Module Version:    3.107.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    45df4cd1
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00004da2
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@shoikh

I understand your printer is not connected to web services.  . I would first unplug router and printer for about 1 minute.  I would plug router up first then printer. I would then try to enable web services. If not successful and you get same error message. I would follow these steps.

1. Obtain your printer's IP address

a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.

2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.

3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.

4. On the left select networking.

5. Select Network Address (IP)

6. Select Manual DNS Server

a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8

b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

View solution in original post

324 REPLIES 324
HP Recommended

Have you setup ePrint?  Can you use any other app on the front panel of your printer?  Do you get the same message unable to connect to web service no matter what app you use?  

HP Recommended

Yes I set up eprint. I can copy. I haven't tried anything else. Mostly I use this to scan to email.

HP Recommended

Thanks, try selecting any app on the front panel of your printer see if you get an error message? 

HP Recommended

photosmart   7520   printal  can't connect  web

HP Recommended

@shoikh

I understand your printer is not connected to web services.  . I would first unplug router and printer for about 1 minute.  I would plug router up first then printer. I would then try to enable web services. If not successful and you get same error message. I would follow these steps.

1. Obtain your printer's IP address

a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.

2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.

3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.

4. On the left select networking.

5. Select Network Address (IP)

6. Select Manual DNS Server

a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8

b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I started working. I think it was by trying to scan from the PC tools instead of from the buttons on the Printer.

HP Recommended

i can't cnnect web services

HP Recommended

@shoikh

What printer do you have?  Do you have your printer connected to a network?  Can you print from your computer to the printer?

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue. I can't scan to an email. I did everything you suggested below still getting error message.  Server Connection Error Unable to connect to Web services.

If I click on the 7 day menu planner on the home screen it comes up no problem. 

Any sugestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.