04-21-2012 01:04 PM
I have tried every solution I can find to my problem - I cannot install a Photosmart 7960 printer on my HP Pavilion XP desktop. The installation wizard won't work. It ends in an error message and then undoes what it has accomplished up to that point. I think the wizard extracts the driver(s) from the downloaded file hp_53_enu.exe and puts it in the right place before the error, then it undoes that progress, making it impossible to find the driver or even identify the file name. I want to try some manual installation ideas, but I need to find the actual driver, not the zip file or the wizard. Can someone tell me the driver filename(s)? I can find the file on a second, identical computer if you can give me the file name.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)