Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I use a HP Photosmart B110 CN245B and everything was working fine until I renewed the ink cartridges Hp364XLtnow it says incompatible printhead or damaged printhead , Im tried cleaning the thing but with No Luck can somebody HELP me

Please ?

Kind Regards

SimbiniNo1

Any ideas on how much it will cost to fix, or do I have to by a new printer?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Same problem here, only with me it occured a few days after installing en new cartridge.

In the mean time, no problems at all!

HP Recommended

@JorgenvR wrote:

Same problem here, only with me it occured a few days after installing en new cartridge.

In the mean time, no problems at all!

Hello

Do you mean the message came up after installing new Ink cartridges ? Did it then disappear after a few days or is

it still there?

Cheers

SimbiniNo1

HP Recommended

@SimbiniNo1 wrote:

I use a HP Photosmart B110 CN245B and everything was working fine until I renewed the ink cartridges Hp364XLtnow it says incompatible printhead or damaged printhead , Im tried cleaning the thing but with No Luck can somebody HELP me

Please ?

Kind Regards

SimbiniNo1

Any ideas on how much it will cost to fix, or do I have to by a new printer?

Hi, after cleaning did you reset the printer? Are you using genuine HP cartridges?

To get info on the cost of printer repair, you'll need to contact HP phone support.

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi, after cleaning did you reset the printer? Are you using genuine HP cartridges?

To get info on the cost of printer repair, you'll need to contact HP phone support.

Ciara

Hi Clara

The answer is yes to both your questions but still no luck.

So it looks like I will have to contact HP phone support.and see if It  they can hopefully solve the problem?

SimbiniNo1 

HP Recommended

I have just got this problem, installed black ink cartridge a week ago and now incompatible printhead!

Search on t'internet reveals this is a common problem. Would not be surprised if these are not designed to do this so you have to fork out for new printhead and at £40 a pop its not worth it, you may as well throw it in the bin and buy a good name printer.

HP Recommended

Hi fujifim831, any luck if you clean the printhead?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03401556

Figure 4: Three areas to clean
Image: The three areas on the printhead to clean
1 - Plastic ramp on the side of the ink nozzles
2 - The edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts
3 - The electrical contacts
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I to have had problems with my printer after changing inks. It kept telling me inks were low, when I knew I had just replaced them. No it wont work at all, still a problem with the inks. I have tried many times to clean the printhead, turn off and reset the printer. Nothing works. Spent 5 hours on HP web site no help at all. Tried to order new print head, the web site did not let me do it. Finally went on line and google it I can buy a new print head for £41. Is it really worth it. Might as well buy another printer........ Not HP

HP Recommended

How old is your printer? 

Take a look at the sale of goods act 1979 as ammended.

My printer was 19 months old, contacted the place purchased from and under the sale of goods act 1979 I claimed the printer was not of a reasonable quality and that it should be expected a reasonable length of time without replacing components. The store gave me a full refund.

I will never purchase HP again.  

HP Recommended

I am purchased HP Photosmart B110a please call me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.