Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
quick question! do your solution only work when printing in blakc and white? I need to print color sometimes..
HP Recommended

i don't know;) test it out and let me know, but i don't think it will work. According to what i found this should only work when printing in grey scale (or black and white, as you put it). Don't forget to give Rich1 some kudo's!

HP Recommended
Obviously, if you want to print in colour; change the settings under properties back to something to the effect of 'print in colour'.
HP Recommended
Thanks! i have tried to print colored but no cigar. Does anyone else have a idea? should i open my own thread?
HP Recommended

Hi JO85,

I am glad you were able to solve the Print Quality problem you were having ( at least for black and white printing ).   I appreciate the update.  It may be helpful to other members.

Thanks,

Rich1

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hi MrRece,

I will do some research on the color side of the issue and get back to you and JO85 on this thread.  Let us know if you discover any more helpful information on this issue.

Thanks,

Rich1

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

What happens if you use an alternate PDF reader such as Foxit ?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Thats a good idea. I'll get back to you on that!

Anywho, a bit strange that Acrobat can override printer settings with their software, and that that override is selected as a default option.. I don't think it's the source of the problem, but it's irritating non the less..

HP Recommended

Surprisingly, using Foxit yields the same blurry results. This would mean that:

Premis: there is an underlying software incompatability that creates problems between the colour management of a PDF document and the colour management of the HP printer.

Causes:
1. That what causes this problem is a program feature employed both by Foxit and Acrobat, or;
2. That not the program but the PDF itself causes a software incompatability between itself and the printer/printer software, or;
3. There is an unknown underlying problem.

The strange thing is, the printer uses colors when printing a black text (resulting in rapid loss of ink and the blurry result - it's a soft black, edged with primary colours). Could be that the printer doesn't use any black ink at all and just simulates black by combining all the primary colours.. Thought about testing this by removing the black ink cartrigde and trying a print, but as soon as I remove a cartrigde the printer becomes non-operational. Any way to override this?

*tearing out hair*

😉

HP Recommended

Try taking out the color cartridge, closing the access door and sending a print job from the computer.  What happens?

Then try it with the color cartridge only installed.  What happens?

I am suspecting that the black cartridge is not printing.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.