11-11-2009 07:53 AM
- Problem: I just bought this printer and it is having trouble feeding unless I push it in every time. Even when the tray is filled with paper or has one sheet of paper it won't feed on its own.
- Model: HP Photosmart C4780
- OS: Windows Vista
- Connection: Wireless
- Errors: Out of Paper, Power light blinks
Solved! View Solution.
Re: HP Photosmart C4780, Won't Feed
01-05-2010 03:48 PM
It took me a long time but when I did a Semi-Full Reset it seemed to correct the problem. Good luck folks.
12-20-2009 11:34 AM
I'm in the same boat with my HP PHotosmart 7660. Printed great for awhile, did all the troubleshooting AND cleaned the rollers. Now I'm out of ink, debating on a new unit. According to consumer reports HP isn't doing well with their personal reviews based on their recommendations, so I'm kind of frustrated too, Didn't check the date on your post, but I just posted mine 12-20-09, hope I'm not responding waaay after the fact.
I've read about feed issues even with the brand spankin new units, so I'm disillusioned of HP all over again.
I too had to push in a few of my 4x6 papers, and haven't done the 8 1/2 x 11 since I really need 4 x 6 at this point. So, even if my 8 1/2 x 11 worked, whoopee, I need the 4 x 6 to work.
Hope you find some answers, I'm about out of time for the Holidays to get some pics done for my daughter leaving for TX on 12-21-09, one day's all I have or I'll be mailing the pics.
Sorry I rambled and whined and was absolutely of no help.
06-17-2011 01:11 PM
On the bottom left side of your printer screen press it a few times until you get to support menu. Then hit OK and scroll down until you get to resets menu. Then scroll down to semi full reset and hit ok.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)