09-20-2011 08:06 PM
my printer has the ablilty to scan negatives but will not because it says , after pushing the film button, and ok the scan to computer option , "Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. " Where is that . I did try to intstall the cd but it says it needs updates for this printer which support only up to windows xp , My computer is windows 7. Then is says to refer to my computers documentaion for information on upgrading your computers opeating system. Or in this case an older system? I can use all the other features but the film one. It worked on my old computer but that died last June.
Can you give me a web page with the updates or am I just out of luck on using it for film. unless there is something else I need to do but the instructions are pretty straight forward . Remove the pannel put in film and put on screen press film etc.
Then the above messages appear.
Any help even a can not be done is ok then I can just stop
09-21-2011 05:24 AM
Hi, you need the Windows 7 software. Find it HERE
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)