Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same problem here - I didn't see this thread until now.

Purchased a F4280 Officejet in November and from the VERY FIRST page - when you turn it on the first time - the alignment page did not come out right (the cyan was missing). Eventually exchanged it (after buying a new #60 Tri-color thinking it was the starter cartridge that was the problem) and the new printer worked fine from January until now - so about 3.5 months. Purchased a new #60 black cart since I used up all the black, I go and install it and bam - problems are back -----> this time the alignment page is missing ALL the BLACK.

Tried cleaning it 15 times as suggested - I saw my black ink status go from full to 50% (on the toolbox monitor. On the printer monitor only a single square is missing)...what a lot of wasted ink. Funny thing is - I'm not able to print black (I tried copying, test pages, personal documents - if I set it to "black and white only" it comes out blank even though the printer cycles, so I don't see how the black would be going down in level).

Is there something wrong with new HP printers or what?

The HP we have in the basement from 5 years ago works fine, easy to maintain, clean - and I've never had a problem with new carts...how hard can it be? You just open the box, take out the old, and then insert the new....there should be so much hassle involved with using a printer or reinstalling new ink.

Any help would be appreciated - currently leaving my black cart upside for 2 hours and we'll see how this works out - this is the last thing I can do before going out and buying another cart to test.

HP Recommended

Ok - so it appears it is the cartridge...which is insane, considering the number of cartridges I've had to buy already - yet I've only used ONE PAIR of the three I've purchased in total.

Now the ink is printing again - I'm thinking maybe it's because I was using $60 XL since January and the printer got used to it? The new cartridge that wasn't working is 60 regular size.

New problem: Tri-color cartridge is printing streaked bars...

These *bleep* HP cartridges!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I also am having issue's with my 7350 not printing in black. I recently brought out an old machine I had that has the same printer program on it and out of 

curiosity  I hooked up the printer to that machine and printed a page and everything worked great. Hooked it bak up to my current machine and NO BLACK.

I have removed and reloaded the software 10 times to no avail, so this is looking like some kind of glitch rather than non working equipment. I need this printer to read memory cards and hate to invest in a new one, but........

HP Recommended

Just a thought, I had a problem with the black ink not printing but the color was fine.  I had not used the printer for a few months...and believe the printheads to have dried up.  I cleaned the printheads multiple times (10-15) and the black came back perfect.  Just click on the computer icon at the bottom of your screen then click service then clean printheads.

I hope you find some suggestion that works for you.

HP Recommended

Same here, (All in One 3210).  Only this has been going on for about 18 months.  Printer mysteriously stops using black to print, sometime after a couple of weeks it starts working again, couple of weeks later it stops--repeat---.  Have wasted so much ink, changing cartridges, cleaning print heads, printing test pages.  I have tried restarting the printer, uninstalling and re-installing software, clean, print test-- I have no idea what more to do.

I have found a way to print though.  Transfer the document to WORD and at the bottom of the screen there is an option to change font color.  I choose the darkest shade of blue or green and at least I can get SOMETHING in print.  Pictures still come out bad so I dont even bother printing pictures anymore.  I print at friends who don't have an HP printer or take to a store. 

I am stuck with this piece of garbage until I can afford a new printer.  And believe me it WILL NOT be HP.  On a side note- also have an HP computer.  Crashed every 6 months for 2 years.  Took it back to Best Buy, who insisted it was software issue and not covered.  Finally hired a computer expert near my home.  He said the hard disc was a substanderd one and that was known for failure, in fact he had been replacing them routinely.  He put in a new hard disc and I have not had a problem since.  Wish I had gotten this identified before the warrenty was expired.

In both instances I paid good money for what I thought would better than average products.  All I have gotten is run-arounds, days and weeks spent without a computer, a printer that is worthless for anything but the most basic functions, hour upon frustrating hour trying to trouble shoot and generally ripped off. 

HP Recommended
I gave up trying to resolve this problem using HP cartridges - cost an arm and a leg wasting ink cleaning, etc. Instead, I invested in a continuous ink system. Haven't had a problem since - and should break even in less than a year.
HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution to the black ink not printingWhere is the print head  in the C7280Can I get to it to try to clean it myself with alcohol?

My printer was three months old when the black went to brown.

HP Recommended

Tell me about it, My C7250 Photosmart Printer gave an error about a yellow cartridge needing replacement EVEN AFTER I just replaced it. Their online and phone techs say this problem is previously known about. This happened to me 1 year and 6 days after purchase date. He said I am out of warranty and will not help me. 6 DAYS !!! I did not realize HP products break after 6 days after the warranty is up. I WILL NEVER BUY HP EVERY AGAIN

Anyone know how to get the yellow to print so I do not have to click PRINT BLACK ONLY?

Thanks

HP Recommended

We use a HP photosmartC7280 All-in-one. As of 15minutes ago, the black ink finally started working again. This will be the second time i havehad problems with black ink printing streaky or almost not at all. 

#1) After reading postson here, I followed the suggestion of one poster and "burped" thecartridge with the ink dispensers face up.

#2) I then smacked the cartridge dispenser side down into a moist paper towel to check forclogs and proper ink flow. The ink seemed fine, though I’ve never done thiswhen it is working, so I have no real basis for comparison.

#3) Reinstalled thecartridge and printed a self-test report, which showed immediate improvementsbut was still streaky. 

#4)  Lastly, I reset printedmanually and ran another self-test report.

Voila! Problem solved. Hope this helps.  

HP Recommended
All you people that decide to trash their hp printers don't make the same mistake by buying another hp. I recently got really upset about what I found when I took apart an old cartridge (lord knows I had enough of them) what I found was it was only filled 1/3 of capacity. Sure it was an old one and used but, there is a sponge inside of it that indicated that 1/3 was only EVER exposed to ink. BTW I had the same results with all 3 chambers of a color cartridge to. So buy a refill kit and fill your cartridges to capacity and NEVER get jacked buying a 1/3 filled "new" cartridge again.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.