Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I just happened to see your posting on the HP page, because I too am having difficulty with my HP printer.  I've changed all the ink cartridges and still receive a message saying that the cartridges need to be changed, even though  the printer ink indicator shows the ink is full.

I wondered how you resolved your problem.   Thanks,

SuzieeQQ

San Diego CA

HP Recommended

Me too. Mine was going great.  Then, all of a sudden it stopped printing black.  OK one day - deaqd the next.  Same cartridge.  Then I installed a new one.  I have been through all the alignment and testing cleaning ewc etc etc and it still won't print.  It is a darned nuisance as it is 31 March and the end of the financial year here.  This is the second HP All in One I have had and must say I won't be buying another one

If anyone has the answer could they please tell me what it is?

Cheers

HP Recommended

It seems to me that a number of these printer models has a problem when they are not used regularly.  My printer is now sitting in a non-working heap, having been replaced.  My opinion is that the ink dries out inside the printer causing a blockage.  So far i have not seen any lasting solution to this from HP.

HP Recommended

I'm not convinced about the problem being infrequent use and inks drying out.  The reported problem only affects the black ink.  There has been no reports of problems with colour inks not printing and in fact my own C7280 still prints in all the colours.  It's only the black that doesn't print.  That suggests to me a design fault in the black ink print head which HP will not admit.  The only solution would be a redesign of the black ink print module and a recall by HP to fix all of the broken printers using this specific part.

HP Recommended

Hi:  I too am having a black ink problem with my HP photosmart 3310.  I have done everything that has been suggested with the HP representatives & what has been said on the internet.  Is there anybody out there that actually knows why this is occurring?  There are 100's of posts with people having the same problem.  1 thing that I have noticed is inside the printer up on top the printer head there are small clear plastic bubbles that fill up with the different colored inks.  All of them are full-those are the colored 1's.  The 1 that is not full appears to be the black.  Until that gets filled it will not print.  I have emailed HP about this & waiting for a response.  Help with this would be most appreciated.  I think there should be a recall.  Walt

HP Recommended

hi I have the same issue

C7280 wont print black,  colours are fine

The problem occurs also in  stand-alone operation (AIO not connected to a PC),  If I copy a page in 'colour' the black part is missing, with setting 'Black'  I get a completely white paper 'printed out.

If I set the paper type to 'Transparent' in the copy menue the copy does work just fine (colour and black!).

Thus I suppose the ink system, printhead etc. are o.k.

Unfortunately it doesn't help to set the paper type to 'Transparent' and print from the PC. The only scenario I can get the black to work is with copy and setting paper type to 'transparent'.

I'm really looking forward to the experts day next week where we can "talk with the best and brightest minds at HP for free" and hopefully will finally find a solution for this issue.

HP Recommended

You had stated that we can talk with the experts next week to be able to "talk with the best and brightest minds at HP for free".  Where is this information so we can find out when next week, what time, etc.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi summerlover,

The Expert Days are April 20-21 - here are the details:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/Printer-Expert-Days-April-20-21st/td-p/243898

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Very interesting Wendy.  Will they be able to tell how to fix all these hundreds of your printers that won't print black???????

HP Recommended
I have a D7260 with the same problem.  I have changed the cartridge three times with new HP's.  I have cleaned the printhead 12 times, I have aligned the printhead 3 times, I have been on line with a tech two times.  I have deleted the software and downloaded/installed new software twice.  After no resolution, I have decided to get a laser printer; however, when I visited a local ink supplier to donate the empty cartridges from the past year - he said he had 7 or 8 D7260's in the back.  He told me it was a design flaw in the cartridge to printhead system.  Any air bubble that gets between the two will halt ink flow and he does not know any way to get rid of the air.  The tech told me I had a bad print head although I have only went through fewer than a thousand sheets since the machine was purchased new.  If only HP would be up front and offer some sort of compensation...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.