01-04-2012 11:48 AM
The C8180 turns itself off and on, lights flash, shows error messages and no reset works.... shortly after extended warranties run out. There seem to be quite a number of HP printers with the same issue - bad electrolytic capacitors on the internal power supply board. I have yet to see where HP has offered any type of repair to out of warranty customers. I did see posts that addressed the repair for someone who can do it themselves or they were fortunate to find a shop to do the repair. Please post where one can go to get the repair done. I live in Florida and have yet to find a repair shop. Two that I called had C8180's sitting at their shop with the same problem.
01-05-2012 05:53 AM
There is a gentleman online who talks about the repair - Ray Carlsen. I emailed him and he is willing to do repairs as he has successfully done this repair before. I did an online search and came across his page with his email address. There are also some details here on the boards on how to do the repair. I spoke with Brandon Business Machines in Brandon Florida and they are willing to do the repair!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)