09-23-2012 08:35 AM
HP Photosmart D7460 is giving me an error message of Oxc18a0206. What does this mean? Unit has not been used in 4 months.. New ink cartridges were installed. Entire message says "ink system has failed unable to print. Refer to printer documentation Error Oxc18a0206. Turn power off then on again". I have turned off and on. I have removed paper and reinstalled. I have pulled cables from back and reconnected. Printer worked great then sat for 4 months now will not print. Please help!!
09-24-2012 11:56 AM
This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
09-25-2012 04:37 PM
I did everything and still have the same error message. Do you think it could be old ink. I put new cartidges in but not sure how old they are. I also didn't know if I should take plastic off ink heads. They are little round plastic pieces and old cartridges some had on some didn't. This was my husbands computer and printer and he passed away almost 5 months ago. I just started the computer up and am trying to get the printer to print. He had generic ink cartridges, should I try HP ink? Anything thoughts would be appreciated.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)