Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just got a new Cisco/Linksys EA4500 Router.  It updated itself when I installed it so I should have atleast some relatively recent firmware.  I have connected 2 PCs, 2 Android phones, a Wii, XBox 360, 2 IPads and an iPod Touch to this router and it's working great.  When I try to connect this printer, the WPS both via bottun push and PIN fail.  I have WPA/WPA2 mixed mode security on in the router.  The 2.4ghz channel is 1 which is in the 1-13 range that the manual says is needed.  (the 5ghz channel is 36).  The printer is seeing the router, when I print a network report from the printer it has my router listed and channel showing as 1, privacy as RSN, Auth as WPA-PSK, Encryption as AES/TKIP, signal is -24 and WPS is flagged as Yes.   Every time I try to use either of the WPS methods I get "Error...progress stopped".  I have tried with and without the firewall in the router enabled.  Can't get it to connect to the network.  IP for web setup is listed as 0.0.0.0.  ANy ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The standard method to connect the B209 printer to a new network is to uninstall the printer from a computer and to reinstall it and select network during the install to get it on the new Cisco router.  However, this can be tedious.

Since you have an iPad (a wireless computer will work as well), my post in this thread provides a different way to get the printer on a wireless network without using computer software or the WPS method.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Here's a simple fixed that worked for me after having the same issue & getting the same error.

Go into settings on your PC (I'm on windows 8.1), control panel, view devices & printers. Delete out all previous connections w the HP printer in question. Right click & select "add device & printers." It will scan & find your HP 209b. Select it & it will ask for your "wps pin." Go to your printer at this point & scroll over on the touch screen until you get to "setup." Select & go
To network>wifi protected setup>pin. You will see your wps pin at that point. Type that into your PC where it's asking for it & it should find your printer & connect. Your PC will show "installing software for new device or product, this may take a while." It will take a min or so, but you should be connected wirelessly at that point. NO HELP TO HP ON THIS ISSUE. THEY TOLD ME I HAD A HARDWARE ISSUE & OFFERED TO SELL ME AN UPGRADED MODEL FOR A REDUCED PRICE. I EXPLAINED THAT THE PRINTER WAS WORKING 5 min BEFORE I CONNECTED THE NEW ROUTER, BUT WAS TOLD "SORRY SIR, THERES NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU." TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
HP Recommended

Just follow Cloud_Strider's post!!! only solution that has worked in about a year of looking at all possible solutions.

HP Recommended

Thanks Cloud_Strider. The post was very helpful. Kudos and applause

HP Recommended

Brilliant  Cloud_Strider!!..I have tried for several years to get my HP Photosmart plus B209a to work wirelessly after I changed from a netgear router. I have read so many solutions on the internet and non have worked. But your solution worked brilliantly. Your solution should be made a front page solution by HP for this problem on their troubleshooting section.

Thanks alot!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.