01-04-2014 10:50 AM
We recently purchased the HP Photosmart 7520 printer. We had a printer that stopped working however had unused nearly fully printer cartridges. When we purchased the HP Photosmart 7520 printer from HP we were told by the representative that we would be able to use those cartridges in our new printer, however now we are trying to use those and we are getting the error message "HP Protected Cartridge Installed". We are sitting here with over $100.00 in ink cartridges that we aren't able to use. What do we do now?
01-06-2014 08:26 AM
Sounds like the cartridges were locked to the first printer. Try calling HP Support to see what they can suggest....
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)