Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I would suggest that everyone with the HP Scan problem in OS X Mavericks post a message to HP directly. I don't know if they ever pay attention to these forums. You can post your comments at this link. Keep you comments simple and informative, and don't just rant. https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/ceo-index.html
HP Recommended

@pgoodwin1 wrote:
I would suggest that everyone with the HP Scan problem in OS X Mavericks post a message to HP directly. I don't know if they ever pay attention to these forums. You can post your comments at this link. Keep you comments simple and informative, and don't just rant. https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/ceo-index.html

I suggest you review my last few posts before doing this though - and check that you have followed the steps that worked for me, and for other users on the forum!

HP Recommended
Thanks. Mine work OK then you use Apple's System Pref app in Printers & Scanners. It's a pretty basic app though compared to HP Scan. But at least it works. The down side is that to rotate the view and do even the most basic enhancement, you have to go to another app. Kind of a bummer that HP won't fix this. People don't just buy a piece of hardware, the software that comes with the product is a major factor in the purchase decision. The J6480 wasn't just a cheap little crap product either. Apple has some blame here too though. HP Scan worked before Mavericks, and whatever they changed must have caused considerable effort to fix or HP would have fixed it. I posted feedback directly to Apple as well as HP. A LOT of not-too-happy customers on both the HP and Apple support forums
HP Recommended

Check c_c_l suggestion.

It worked for me after endless efforts and confusion.

thanks again c_c_l

cin1

HP Recommended
Can you tell me which post of his (date/time) you're referring to. I scanned back through some pages but only saw suggestions for getting scanning to work with Apple's Scan software. I didn't find the fix for HP scan
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have the Hp photosmart D110, and just discovered, that I can do everything, but scan the way I've done for years.  Now, I can scan two different ways.   I can go into the setup, get to the part that has a print/fax, then the Photosmart D110, click on that, then tthere's the print/scan.  Click on scan, so the scanner box pops up on the computer screen.  After a few otions, such as putting in the size, I can then scan.  The easiest way, is one of your suggestions, to use Preview.  To do that, the only way, I know to open it, is to open a screen shot, then go to "file" and the option to "import from scanner", is there.  I click on that, and can scan, whatever is in my printer/scanner.

HP Recommended

Having problems with the scanner on my HP 1536dnf MFP, only noticed recently as I dont scan that often, but I'm definately on the latest MacOS ElCapitan 10.11.4

Scanner had been working previously.

Downloaded the latest HP quickstart installer (dated April 2016) and reinstalled everythign and now scanning OK.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.