Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (5,245 Views)

HP Wireless Printer appears as offline

Hi my HP Photosmart C4700 is set up for my wireless network and appears to be operating perfectly but every time I go to print wirelessly it appears as offline and I have to turn the printer off and re print in order for it to print the document. I am operating on a Macbook Pro with Mac OSX Version 10.6.5 and have a Linksys E3000 Router in my dorm room. I basically just need to make the printer stay online. Thanks

Provost
Message 2 of 2 (5,218 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Printer appears as offline

Hi,

matthubb12 wrote:

Hi my HP Photosmart C4700 is set up for my wireless network and appears to be operating perfectly but every time I go to print wirelessly it appears as offline and I have to turn the printer off and re print in order for it to print the document. I am operating on a Macbook Pro with Mac OSX Version 10.6.5 and have a Linksys E3000 Router in my dorm room. I basically just need to make the printer stay online. Thanks

Is your printer set up with a static or dynamic  IP address?

A static IP address will enable your PC to find the printer easier after long periods of printer inactivity.

You should peruse the HP Wireless printing Center

You will find a wealth of information there on the how and why of setting up a wireless printer with a Windows or Mac pc. 

Best regards,

erico

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon. Smiley Happy

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation