04-20-2013 12:24 PM
I have a wired windows 8 desktop and 2 windows 8 lap tops I want connected to this printer. I want the desktop to be wired and the laptops to be wireless.
I've successfully shared the printer through the desktop, but i prefer to be directly connected wirelessly so that I don't have to wake the desktop to print from the laptops.
I've followed this thread.... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-an
But.... when I click on printer setup and software nothing happens on the desktop. on the laptop If i try to setup on there when It tells me to connect the usb, I do that and it still won't let me click next.
04-24-2013 03:24 PM
I see you are having a couple of issues with your Deskjet 3050 J610 model all-in-one.
- I see you need to install this printer on 3 computers (1 USB and 2 wireless)
- I see you need to get the printer on the wireless network.
If the USB to wireless feature is not working, then please take a look at the information in the thread found here. This will walk you through a process of connecting the printer to the network without USB-to-Wireless.
Once the printer is on the network, then I would advise running the full feature software and driver package from HP. During the install it will ask how you want to connect the printer, select network and that the printer is already connected. This will allow you to install the printer for wireless on the 2 computers.
As to the USB computer, run the install file for the printer and plug the USB cable in when it requests. Make sure not to plug the cable in before the software requests.
It is not a problem to have the printer installed on a PC for USB and have the printer on a wireless network.
I am not an HP employee.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)