Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
The printer won't print blue; I have installed HP cartridges and the printer reports the cartridges to be full. I also checked and cleaned the print heads. I have performed all of the recommended maintenance but still the blue color doesn't print. What is the problem, the printer have only printed 15,000 pages if that much. The printer is too new to discard, so are there any suggestions to fix my problem? Also, the printer is always performing cleaning print heads every time that I try to print something. Could this just be an isolated lemon printer?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community @jwentdavis,

I read your post about how your Officejet 8500A is no longer printing in cyan, and also runs through printhead cleanings often. I wanted to stop in to share my own suggestions with you. I would say the best steps to take to try to fix this, would be the document I posted below. If the issues continue, contact HP to discuss a printer trade in or replacement.

Color or Black Ink Not Printing

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Click the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Best wishes:D

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community @jwentdavis,

I read your post about how your Officejet 8500A is no longer printing in cyan, and also runs through printhead cleanings often. I wanted to stop in to share my own suggestions with you. I would say the best steps to take to try to fix this, would be the document I posted below. If the issues continue, contact HP to discuss a printer trade in or replacement.

Color or Black Ink Not Printing

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Click the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Best wishes:D

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply and suggestions; I have already performed most of the maintenance except replacing the print heads. I will post my results later after replacing the both print heads even though diagnostic page reports the print head health as being good. However, I did notice the warranty of the print heads expired in February 2013; which could explain why it would be fruitful to replace the old print heads.

Thanks again for your suggestions and I will post my findings upon replacing the print heads.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.