Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a new wireless internet provider and can't get my printer to connect. I can find my new wireless router on the screen, but I guess the password for the new wireless isn't the same as the password for the printer and I don't remember the password for the printer. What steps do I need to take to get this set up? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Missy2468,

Welcome to HP Forum and thanks for your post.

Since you got a new wireless internet provider, please double check your router password. This document may help you along the way:

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)

Once you confirm the router password, connect your printer using Wireless Setup Wizard menu on the printer display.

To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard
1. Write down your network name (SSID) and WEP key or WPA passphrase.
2. Start Wireless Setup Wizard.
a. From the Home screen on the printer display, touch the Wireless icon.
b. On the Wireless summary screen, touch Settings and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
3. Connect to wireless network.
▲ Select your network from the list of detected networks.
4. Follow prompts.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

meg-riley

Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.