Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have HP photosmart 6510 All in 1printer -B211a. 

It goes through all the motions of printing or copying but the page is blank. This is what I have tried to do to correct problem: I installed new cartridge of black ink in printer according to directions, have removed it and reinstalled it x2 and still page is blank.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good day!

Depending on which Windows operation system you are in, there are different steps to choose from.  Most likely you will need to reset your printer.

Follow the steps listed in this document to reset your printer and see if this helps.  Let me know if this step or any of the other steps don't work.

Blank Pages Print

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Good day!

Depending on which Windows operation system you are in, there are different steps to choose from.  Most likely you will need to reset your printer.

Follow the steps listed in this document to reset your printer and see if this helps.  Let me know if this step or any of the other steps don't work.

Blank Pages Print

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Hi Janemo, I work for HP and might be able to help you.  I see you have installed a new black cartridge already and again reinstalled it twice again but still no luck.   There are a few other tasks we can do to try and fix this.

Since you have already tried the cartridges, maybe now we can try to "reset" your printer.

Resetting the printer might clear some issues and allow the printer to function correctly again.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the printer.
     NOTE: Pressing the Power button might not turn off the printer. This might happen if the printer is in an error state. Continue with these steps regardless.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
    Figure 17: Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer
    Image: Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
    Figure 18: Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer
    Image: Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the USB cable to the printer.
    Figure 19: Reconnect the USB cable to the printer
    Image: Reconnect the USB cable to the printer.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
    Figure 20: Reconnect the power cord to the printer
    Image: Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the printer.
  8. Try printing again.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
  • If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.

Please let me know how that works - our next step will be to restart your pc but we will take this one first.
    🙂
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Awesome! That fixed the problem. Thanks for your expertise and prompt response. HP has great customer support.

HP Recommended

I have a simular problem in that I can hardley see the black print.  I changed to a new HP cartrige but still same result.  Color printer test seems to be ok, just the black is very dim.

HP Recommended

I have a very simular problem, its goes through the motion of printing but you can hardly see the print.  It is very dim and I installed a new cartrige and the printer show a full ink.  It prints the color test ok but never the black part.

HP Recommended

I would take a look at the document below.

Print Quality

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

I tried all the fixes new driver , change ink cartrage, clean heads, align heads (no good no black ink to align with)

I used HP printers for the past 20 years this is the only one that failed me34

HP Recommended

I have replaced my ink cartridges twice. Will print in color, but black is very dim.  I have tried some of the solutions- unplugging power source and USB, but no luck. Any other suggestions??

HP Recommended

Hi rosiemae,

You could try running the clean printhead utility up to 3 times.  Click Here  If that doesn't help, you can follow the other steps in the link.  Let me know how it goes.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.