Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 4675
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI I recently installed my new HP 4675 printer and my first venture into trying to print a custom paper size was a big failure. 

I viewed the troubleshooting site in hp for custom paper settings http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03890386    wherein I go to devices and printers, print server properties, create new form, save, etc. etc.

I did all the steps, but the problem is the list of paper sizes from the print server properties don't match the list found in printer properties, paper quality, advanced.  I could never find the newly created paper size in this list.

Does anyone have a similar problem?  Anyone have a solution for me? 

I am using windows 10 (latest update) 64 bit. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you watch this :

Creating a Custom paper Size for your printer

We just tested again with our Win 10 system and created a custom paper size, we were able to select the custom size in Word:

Custom paper size in Word.jpg

You are right in saying that it is not found in the printer properties.  However, if you set the document to the customer paper size (and your paper loaded in the printer) is the custom size, it would print to that.  

Just tested the 10.4cm x 10.4cm custom paper size and it printed exactly as what was created on Word on our printer.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

HI greenturtle,

Thanks for the quick reply, but the video you showed was pretty much exactly the same video I watched and followed.  BTW, I was using Microsoft Office 2010  which means I was using Word 2010 and Publisher 2010.    I still haven't been able to make them work to view the custom paper size for printing.

HP Recommended

Hi @chong888

We're using Word 2016.  Perhaps, you may want to check if there are any updates to Word 2010?It's working on our end.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.