Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

After installin Maverick, have scan problem with HP OfficeJet 6500.  Unable to scan to computer and there is no flash drive option. Other options such as card reader useless.  Also, operation of scan software is erratic. Gets stuck on "Overview" scan. No chance to change options after opening scaner. It goes into immediate scan mode, generall "overview". No opportuniuty to set source of feed or other parameters. Printing is OK, but takes looong time to react to computer instruction. Very frustrating.  Hope HP gets on top of this quickly. 

HP Recommended

Hi Ancramdale,

Here is a thread, that I have found very helpful with different options for getting the features you are looking for. I have included the link to the thread here.

At this time there is limited software and drivers available for Mavericks, so just keep on an eye on the drivers and software page of hp.com/support.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I find a "work around" like using "Preview" on the Mac is ok for a very short therm solution, but it is UNACCEPTABLE as a solution as itself! I can't believe that "NOBODY" at HP did not anticipated this problem. Now that Mac is suppose to provide the fix or not, it give a bad image to HP, specially that a wide range of HP printer are being left dry after months of an OS X upgrade announcement. a Beta version was available to anny one that needed it.

HP Recommended

I wish that was all I couldn't do!  I purchased the Envy 210 not knowing that it is NOT compatible with Mac iOS 10.9 in any way, shape, or form.  I cannot print, scan, copy, etc...  This printer is useless to me until hp provides a download to fix this problem.  Even their own tech tried to provide a work-around for 1.5 hours and nothing!  What a hassle!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I have a model CB745A SN[Personal Information Removed] that's affected.  The driver scans the image to the screen fine, but it doesn't save the file correctly.  Using Apple's image capture (one of their painful apps) is a workaround.  It's not nearly as nice as the HP Scan utility was (and will be again).

HP Recommended

I  have an HP Scanjet G4010 and since I upgraded to OS 10.9 it's does exactly the same bugs : distortion and error messages.

Thanks for rapid solution...

HP Recommended

Photosmart B110 scanner no longer can be saved on to iMac. Printer is fine and I've reinstalled it several times. Also options are not offered prior to scan operating. New desktop icon does not offer options and have to revert to system preferences to get window open! Help please?

HP Recommended

This is not a technical answer but after failiing to scan with  HP OfficeJet 6500 software (there was no indication update was available), went to HP website that advised going to Mac Applications and opening HP app. Opened HP Scan (set up for HP OfficeJet 8600) and it gave me option to browse for scanners. It picked up the HP6500 and opened scan application that allowed me to scan to computer successfully. Hope this is helpful to someone out there...

HP Recommended

So I'm having the same problem, but discovered that the buttons on my (incredibly old) HP Scanjet 4070 seem to be a work-around. i.e. HP Scan still spits out worthless bars, but if I use the buttons on the scanner (which are customizable in sys pref's) the automator sequences provide perfectly usable files. I just can't scan any multi-page documents and save them in a single pdf like you can with the HP Scan software.

Note: do NOT go toying around in automator trying to "customize" the built-in HP scripts. They are not "universal" and will irreparably break if you try to open them in automator!

That's my experience so far, and my work-around, hope it might help 😕

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.